17 May 2011

Time and Updates

Last week I said five* updates. Later I redacted this to three. Three happened. Five did not.

When I said five, I was thinking that for three days I would be sitting in the room where the jurors sit while waiting to be selected. Instead I was placed on a jury at the end of the first day. Suddenly eighteen hours of reading and writing time disappeared.

Each week** I have 168 hours. I have a lot of things to accomplish in those 168 hours. Last week writing did not make the cut often enough. I will blame this mostly on the fact that both of my days off work were spent in jury duty, but will also apologize.

This week I am once again going to shoot for three updates. God has been bringing me into a season of artistic fruitfulness as an act of worship, so hopefully one manifestation of that will be more frequent updates.

Unfortunately the down side is that my most artistic seasons are usually peppered with bouts of depression, ending I'm a larger depression struggle. I would very much covet your prayers in this.

Note to self (and others): God created. When I do so, it's an act of worshipping him. This must be my focus. Everything else is vanity. Thus says Qoheleth. Seriously. Check your footnotes***.

*I accidentally wrote "fire" instead of "five." Fire updates would be awesome.
**We are going to in this instance disregard time change week, which contains 167 or 169 hours.
***Not these footnotes - the footnotes in your bible. Ecclesiastes 1:1


No comments:

Post a Comment