26 October 2012

What's Done in the Dark Will Come to the Flight

It's 2am PDT. I don't know about local time, as I have no idea where I am.

Sometime between the last time I flew and now I developed a fear of flying. Really, it's likely just the fact that I've slept at most 30 mins since 4:10am yesterday. And I slept only a matter of about 4 hours last night.

Coca Cola is helping to calm my nerves. So is writing. And really, it's all Jesus' doing. He's just using two of my favorite tools.

I think I land in Minneapolis in two hours, but I'm not sure thanks to time zones. Local time will be 6:05am I think. I have a one hour layover, during which I plan to post this. Part of me wishes I had longer: I think this is the airport at which I had both of my layovers last time, in which case they have a pretty cool bookstore in the airport. Not that I need to buy even more books right now.

On my way back my layover is in Atlanta. Never been to the city or airport before, so this will cross one of those off the list, even if it is brief. Maybe someday I will return for the city itself.

I don't fly very much at all. I don't drink Coke all that much. Frankly, I'm probably scared of the wrong one of those two. But I think maybe, just maybe, I can get some sleep now. Goodnight.

[update: slept roughly 1.5 hrs. That's also the 24 hr total. 48 hr total will in a few minutes be about 5.5. Also just recorded a video about Burger King. Didn't their breakfast used to be bigger?]

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry beanie but the Atlanta airport is busy and sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks, but I will only be there for about an hour.

    ReplyDelete