24 October 2012

How To Pack for a Trip

I'm packing right now for my upcoming trip. Tomorrow (technically Friday morning, as it's 12:55am, but we will say tomorrow) I leave for vacation. My sister gets married on Saturday, followed by my visiting my mom for a few days before heading to New Hampshire for a friend's birthday. So today is a day full of packing.

That is to say, today is supposed to be a day full of packing. I've been off work for more than four hours, and my duffle bag is still empty. I'm really just procrastinating. I figure, what better way to procrastinate than to blog? I couldn't think of an answer either. So here I am, blogging at the library. That's right, I'm such a good procrastinator that I'm not even at home.

Here is a picture of me walking to the library:

So I'm thinking, because that's what I do...why do I procrastinate? Honestly, I don't know. I guess this will give me another thing to think about on my trip. I have a pretty good list of those. Here are some of the things on that list, most (if not all) of which will continue to need thought after the trip.

-servant leadership - leading from the back (negative) vs serving from the front (positive)
-the future - what do I want to do with my life? Goals, priorities, etc
-sabbath/rest - what is the purpose/benefit of this?
-cookies - how can I make better ones?
-gardening - what is th best use of my limited space? This is particularly relevant as I move toward doing more canning and other preservation
-future of blog, etc - it looks like the near future will include some shakeups, including but not limited to more video content, a new location (seriously Google, where are all thes improvements you keep promising?), and possibly even a domain (TheJRMY.com)
-a wife - seriously. I'm not getting any younger here.
-dinosaurs - there isn't anything I need to figure out about dinosaurs. They're just awesome, so I think about them a lot. I'm not kidding.

Yeah, that's a lengthy list. I realize that. But even getting it out of my head and onto paper (albeit not real paper) helps. I always am thinking about a lot of things. It's vital.

Ok time to end this post. I leave you with a YouTube video not of my creation. Speaking of finding a wife...


2 comments: