02 November 2011

I'm Back

It's true: the sabbatical is over, and I'm back to the blog. It's been a crazy two or so weeks, and I really want to spend my first post talking about that.

Work. Oh man. I've been doing this a lot. At one point I worked 12 days in a row. In this, I worked 13 shifts doing 2 jobs at 5 locations. Yikes. But when you have a job that is driven by tourism (i.e. any job in downtown Seattle), this is the hardest time of year. You take the hours when you can get them.

I ran the Gladiator Rock and Run. 43 minutes, 54 seconds. I think this is a pretty good time, especially considering that my goal was simply to be under 1 hour. 5k+16 obstacles to raise money to fight autism. Next month I might do a standard 5k to fight arthritis.

The weather got into the 30s last night. Way too cold for early November. I still have a lot of lima beans not ready to be picked, so I'm hoping the first frost is not too soon.

Someone pointed out to me that I don't have a life plan. I've been working on putting that together. I have more of it than I thought I did, and I've filled in some of the missing pieces, but there is still a lot to do on that. Also, I have several goals that I have no idea where to begin on. But knowing where you are going comes before figuring out how to get there.

Life is busy and seems to be getting moreso every day. It's complicated, especially now that I'm no longer a 20-something. But it's good to be back to Qoheleth. I've missed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment