30 June 2011

Computers Don't Have the Power, or (Don't) Charge!

As I believe I have mentioned already,, I recently bought a computer. It is a refurbished Android netbook. It was $89. How could I not buy it?

I was unsure how long it would be until it arrived. My sister and my mom had both ordered from the website before, and their best predictions of when it would arrive ranged from six weeks to eight days respectively. I was prepared to wait a while.

Fortunately I didn't have to wait very long, as my mom was correct. I saw on the UPS tracking that it was on the truck and got very impatient waiting until about 6:30pm. I was talking to Lee (an avid Android fan) when it arrived, fittingly enough.

I web outside to meet the UPS driver. He probably thought I was being impatient, but I was just excited. Lee and I opened it up to look at it, and I went to my apartment to charge it. That's where things got interesting.

I got downstairs and plugged it in, or so I would have, had the plug fit. Perhaps I'm trying the wrong port? Nope. Check the manual to make sure...right port. Wrong AC adapter.

I send an email, but I notice that they at replies to email usually take three to four days, as thy are very busy. I have no other way of getting in touch, so email will have to do. Email sent.

Oh wait, what's this? Twitter? Let's try this twitter for customer service thing I've been hearing about. I tweet.

The next morning at 7am I'm awakened by an at tweet that was forwarded to my phone. They tell me to email. I get up a bit later (way too late) and check my email. They've sent me three emails. One is an automated reply, again telling me to wait three to four days on a reply. The next is a personal email promising a new charger. The third is a UPS tracking number for my new charger.

The moral of the story, of course, is that the potentially squeaky wheel gets the preemptive grease.

::edit::I just tracked it - Auburn, WA. I should get it tomorrow or Saturday. Sweet.::

No comments:

Post a Comment